How to Apply

Any individual, co-operative society, company or partnership firm can file an application for setting up of Special Economic Zone. The application is to be made in Form-A to the concerned State Government and the Board of Approval (BOA) in the Department of Commerce, Government of India. However the application would be considered by the BOA only when the State Government recommendation is received.

A SEZ or FTWZ other than a SEZ for IT/ITES, Biotech or Health (other than hospital) service, shall have a contiguous land area of 50 hectares or more. In case a SEZ is proposed to be set up in Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Arunanchal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Sikkim, Goa or in a UT, the area shall be 25 hectares or more. 

There shall be no minimum land area requirement for setting up a SEZ for IT/ITES, Biotech or Health (other than hospital) services but the minimum built up processing area requirement shall be applicable as per SEZ (3rd Amendment) Rules, 2019 notified vide notification dated 17.12.2019.

Once the BOA gives formal approval and the concerned Development Commissioner gives an inspection report certifying the contiguity and vacancy of the area, the area is notified as SEZ.

Last Updated:25-08-2020